The following is a guest post by employee experience expert, best-selling author, and international keynote speaker, Jill Christensen
Igloo Software, the leading provider of digital workplace solutions, released findings from their latest study, The 2018 State of the Digital Workplace report, which examined how employees are collaborating, the effectiveness of current knowledge management tools and practices, and the level of employee confidence in the security and their ability to use the tools they are provided at work.
The study showed that employees lack a central hub for storing company documents and information, and think security and privacy policies are unclear. If you think this doesn’t have an impact on employee engagement, think again, because it does. Do you want to work for a company where you can’t find the critical information needed to do your job effectively and where the tech is so archaic that employees use a collection of non-sanctioned apps that create more problems than they solve? Me neither.
Some of the findings from the study include:
- 32% of employees have avoided sharing a document with a colleague because it would take too long to find.
- 41% of employees use non-sanctioned apps in the workplace because that’s what they use in their personal lives.
- 31% percent of employees would obtain their company logo from a Google search.
“It’s alarming to see how many organizations lack a clear collaboration and knowledge management strategy,” said Mike Hicks, Vice President, Marketing & Strategy at Igloo Software. “Employees must have convenient access to the most recent documents and company policies, and organizations must make this information easily available company-wide.”
Departmental and industry findings include:
- 53% of healthcare professionals are only somewhat confident that a document they are accessing is the most updated version.
- Among financial services employees surveyed, 48% are only somewhat confident the information stored on their organization’s intranet is secure.
- 40% of HR professionals have avoided sharing a document with a co-worker because it would be too difficult to find.
WHAT CAN I DO? The workplace is always evolving, and Igloo Software is helping organizations digitally transform, providing employees with a simple and effective way to collaborate and communicate, which increases employee engagement. You can get a free copy of Igloo’s report here: “State of the Digital Workplace 2018”
Jill Christensen is an employee engagement expert, best-selling author, and international keynote speaker. She was named a Top 100 Global Employee Engagement Influencer, authored the best-selling book, If Not You, Who? Cracking the Code of Employee Disengagement, holds a Six Sigma Green Belt, and works with the best and brightest leaders to improve productivity and retention, customer satisfaction, and revenue growth. Jill can be reached at +1.303.999.9224 or [email protected]