Igloo to leverage Microsoft technologies for secure hosting, business intelligence, productivity integrations, and together, support digital transformation to address challenges in the modern workplace
Nashville, TN – Sept 19, 2017 – Igloo Software, the leading provider of digital workplace solutions, announced today that it will leverage Microsoft Azure for data center hosting, business intelligence, and strengthen Microsoft Office 365 integration. The announcement was made by Dan Latendre, Founder & CEO, Igloo Software along with Jason Brommet, Director of Partner Strategy and GTM, Microsoft Canada at the definitive digital workplace event of the year, ICE’17, in Nashville, Tennessee.
“Igloo and Microsoft share the same vision of helping every employee in every organization achieve more,” explains Latendre. “Igloo and Microsoft are collaborating on ways to improve workplace experiences and solve the systemic issues that have caused productivity and employee engagement to decline in recent years. We look forward to continue bringing innovative digital workplace solutions to market that are fueled by innovation on Microsoft platforms.”
Jason Brommet, Director, Partner Strategy and Go-To-Market (GTM) at Microsoft Canada added, “Digital transformation is no longer on the horizon. It’s here, it’s happening, and it’s changing the way organizations in Canada and across the world work, collaborate and connect with their customers. At Microsoft, we are committed to helping organizations transform into a digital company and thrive in this new world, and it is amazing to work with companies like Igloo who share the same passion.”
Igloo Secure Hosting
Igloo’s digital workplace solutions will be hosted on Microsoft Azure. The move to Azure will provide many benefits for Igloo customers:
- Compliance: Azure meets a broad set of international and industry-specific compliance standards, with over 55 certifications including DoD, FedRAMP, HIPAA, ISO 27001, SOC 1, and SOC 2, as well as country-specific standards, such as (PIPEDA) in Canada.
- Privacy: Azure is an industry leader for customer advocacy and privacy protection and has unique data residency guarantees (including US data residency).
- Security: Microsoft invests more than a billion dollars a year in security related R&D to help protect its customers. Customer data is safe and secure with Microsoft’s robust set of security technologies and practices. This helps to ensure that Azure is resilient to attack, safeguards user access to the Azure environment, and helps keep customer data more secure through encrypted communications as well as threat management and mitigation practice.
- Scalability: Microsoft Azure allows for on demand scalability enabling customers of any size to add as many users, applications, integrations, and file storage as required with no delays.
- Data Protection: With disaster recovery, automated protection and replication, remote health monitoring, multiple recovery plans, and zero impact recovery plan testing, customer data will always be protected.
Igloo’s digital workplace solutions on Azure US will soon be available to all new customers. Existing customers will remain on the current secure hosting environment until a future phase. With ongoing active compliance audits for SSAE-16, HIPAA, PCI/DSS, FISMA, and ISO 21007, Igloo’s current hosted environments provide its customers with a range of features to meet organizations’ compliance and security regulations.
Advanced Analytics and Reporting
Igloo will also be providing its customers with a robust new set of reporting and analytics capabilities allowing for the building of custom reports with their favorite business intelligence or spreadsheet tools. Igloo will support a suite of pre-built reports that can be imported into Microsoft Power BI that will help provide insights into the health of a customer’s digital workplace and their progress to attaining their defined success metrics.
Microsoft Power BI is a suite of business analytics tools that deliver insights throughout an organization – a powerful solution that Igloo itself relies on to optimize the business value of its own internally managed digital workplace.
In its September release, Igloo will provide support for the Microsoft-based Open Data Protocol (ODATA) enabling customers to access detailed usage data for their digital workplace. In addition to Microsoft Power BI, this data can also be aggregated data into other third-party solutions who support ODATA for a more holistic view of their digital environment.
Igloo’s Commitment to Microsoft Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 remains the most widely used suite of productivity and collaboration apps and tools by organizations around the world. Igloo remains committed to offering deep integration with Office 365 to enhance the overall experience for its customers across their digital workplace. As part of its commitment, Igloo is announcing support for federated search for Microsoft SharePoint 2013 (on-premise), SharePoint Online repositories, and all leading file repositories. Igloo is also announcing support for Office 365 group calendars, and Microsoft Teams.
About Igloo Software
Igloo is the leading provider of digital workplace solutions, helping companies build inspiring digital destinations for a more productive and engaged workforce. Offering a suite of modern features and solutions for today’s evolving workplace, Igloo partners with customers to address challenges related to communication, collaboration, knowledge management, employee engagement, and culture. For more information, please visit www.igloosoftware.com
Walker Sands for Igloo Software