Secure communication, collaboration, and knowledge sharing just got a whole lot easier for health care professionals.
KITCHENER, FEBRUARY 16, 2017 – Igloo Software, the leading provider of digital workplace solutions, announced today it is now HIPAA-ready, enabling healthcare providers to leverage a secure information and communications infrastructure within their digital workplace powered by Igloo.
Healthcare professionals and their partners can now communicate, collaborate, and curate knowledge securely across their organization using Igloo’s digital workplace solutions. The result is a more responsive, scalable, and mobile organization with a refined focus on delivering improved patient outcomes.
“Supporting the unique needs of the healthcare sector is a major area of focus for Igloo, and ensuring our customers are confident in the security of our solutions is a priority,” said Dan Latendre, CEO of Igloo Software. “Healthcare providers can now communicate and collaborate within their HIPAA-governed digital workplace powered by Igloo knowing that protected health information (PHI) is secure.”
Igloo solutions play a key role not only in improving communications and unifying access to disparate patient data, but in streamlining processes and enhancing patient care. Igloo fosters collaboration within healthcare communities of practice, providing open and private spaces for providers to communicate and publish knowledge. Organizations can now also push communications and drive alignment to mission and values across integrated health networks and merged health systems, making it easy for leaders to engage practitioners and corporate staff, uniting them with a shared purpose.
“Our patients, our community, and our employees are at the heart of everything we do, and Igloo provides us with a central destination for communication and collaboration,” said Kelly Atlee, Director of Public Relations, Foundation Health Partners. “Igloo’s responsive and flexible design delivers personalized content for improved patient engagement, a paramount focus in a market where patients are increasingly becoming consumers.”
Igloo has also reinforced its commitment as a strategic partner in communications and culture to Healthcare Delivery Organizations (HDOs), particularly hospitals and integrated health networks. With all Igloo employees HIPAA security trained, and the corporate offices secured to HIPAA standards, HDOs can be confident that patient information is always safe and private.
Igloo benefits HDOs by:
- Adhering to HIPAA standards: Igloo adheres to HIPAA standards and will sign a Business Associates Agreement (BAA) with its customers to become joint custodians of protected health information (PHI).
- Helping align healthcare staff around a single destination: As the generational and technical divide threatens to drive the workplace further apart, Igloo channels healthcare staff and their work back into a common place. It’s an online destination for a more productive and engaged healthcare community.
- Enabling effective communication: Igloo allows HDOs to reach their entire staff or tailor communications by member group. With content targeting and subscription capabilities, it’s easy to keep users engaged with organizational news, critical communications, and personalized content.
- Allowing for private collaboration: Private communities of practice are places where clinicians and researchers can collaborate and share best practices, insights, and outcomes.
- Supporting a mobile-friendly environment: The Igloo platform is built on a mobile-first philosophy, with built-in push notifications, so users can access the information, processes, and people they need on any device, at any time, and anywhere in the world.
- Simplifying accreditation: To assist with individual and facility accreditations, organizations can publish training sessions and deadlines to the calendar, as well as surface course material with read tracking.
- Helping find expertise: Igloo’s searchable people directory and organization chart integration simplifies collaboration and quickly connects doctors, nurses, and support staff to the right colleagues with the right expertise.
- Facilitating sharing of knowledge and files: With Igloo’s robust file management and wiki capabilities, it’s easy to publish and share critical knowledge and documents: from patient forms, safety information, employee handbooks, and clinical reference volumes, to the cafeteria menu and electronic order forms.
Learn more at www.igloosoftware.com/healthcare
About Igloo Software
Igloo is a leading provider of digital workplace solutions, helping companies build inspiring digital destinations for a more productive and engaged workforce. Offering a suite of modern features and solutions for today’s evolving workplace, Igloo partners with customers to address challenges related to communication, collaboration, knowledge management, and workflow. Learn more at igloosoftware.com or follow Igloo on Twitter @IglooSoftware.
For more information, please contact:
High Road for Igloo Software