Just recently, Igloo was asked to provide a guest post to www.insideipo.com. Check out '5 Things You Need To Know About Igloo' below.
By now you've heard of Yammer, but have you heard of Igloo Software? Possibly the best kept secret in enterprise social networking, Igloo combines file sharing, microblogging and a host of other collaboration tools in a single sweep. We power communities for small and mid-sized businesses, including Harry Winston and the ATP World Tour, and even scale up to support larger enterprises. Here's what you need to know about this cloud collaboration company:
1. User Base: Igloo has over 4,000 global collaboration sites in over 80 countries around the world and well over 500,000 paid users.
2. Revenue: From 2010 to 2011, Igloo's monthly recurring revenue grew 144%, a clear indicator of success for Software as a Service (SaaS) businesses.
3. Business Model: For less than it costs to create a premium network on Yammer or a business account with Box and for a fraction of the total cost of ownership of a SharePoint or Jive, you can build a full-fledged social intranet, partner portal or customer community. It's a complete social collaboration solution that makes the simple stuff easy, and the complex stuff possible.
4. The Pitch: Igloo is your digital workplace in the cloud, bringing together content and conversation in one unified environment that doesn't have to be managed by IT.
5. Funding: Igloo has raised $9M to-date in venture capital funding, $5M of which came in its Series B round at the beginning of this year. It is backed by RBC Ventures, the technology venture capital arm of RBC Royal Bank, Ontario Emerging Technologies Fund and a private investor.
To read the full article, click here.