October 27, 2010 – IGLOO Software, a leading provider of online community and social software solutions for business, today announced the third straight record quarter for customer growth.
Rapid Customer Adoption in North America, Europe and China, and a Series of Industry Accolades, are the Triggers for a Significant Increase in Subscription License Revenue Year-Over-Year
October 27, 2010 (Kitchener, ON) - - IGLOO Software (www.igloosoftware.com), a leading provider of online community and social software solutions for business, today announced the third straight record quarter for customer growth. Children's National Medical Center, one of the top pediatric hospitals in America; Hitpoint Solution Co., a leading finance software and consulting company in China; and Schillings, a premier UK-based legal firm; highlight a customer push which now spans North America, Europe, China, and everywhere in between.
Customer & Product News:
- IGLOO Software continued to see rapid adoption of its community platform resulting in a 53% quarterly revenue increase year-over-year.
- Year-over-year revenue is up 79% and recurring subscription license revenue is up over 115% from this time last year.
- Over 1,500 free communities have now been created for organizations that wish to 'try before they buy', as well as those seeking the benefits of social technologies but with limited budgets.
- In September and October, IGLOO announced a two-part release that further strengthened its position in collaborative document management. The latest version of the platform features in-line editing of documents, advanced search, calendar integration using the .ics (iCalendar) standard, broadcasting on all channels, filtering, and content following.
- IGLOO was recently positioned on Gartner's 2010 Magic Quadrant for Social Software in the Workplace.
- KMWorld named IGLOO a 2010 Trend-Setter in Online Communities for what the editor-in-chief remarked was "...a clearly identifiable technology breakthrough in social and collaborative computing."
- Prescient Digital, an intranet consultant, released their Intranet 2.0 Global Study for 2010 positioning IGLOO ahead of industry peers Jive, Socialtext, Awareness and Traction in overall market share.
- Martin Butler Research, a boutique research firm out of the United Kingdom, ranked the IGLOO platform as 'Superior' ahead of industry peers Jive Software, SharePoint, Lotus Connections and Socialtext in their book Enterprise Social Networking and Collaboration.
- IGLOO was also named a CRN Emerging Technology Vendor by Everything Channel and a number of customers were recently recognized for realizing measurable business benefits from using the platform. The ATP World Tour is currently a finalist for the KMWorld Reality Award which recognizes leadership in knowledge management, Green Grass One is a finalist for the Sales & Marketing 2.0 Awards in the category of Customer Collaboration, and the Manufacturing Innovation Network was recognized by the Economic Developers Association of Canada (EDAC) with a Marketing Award in Digital Media.
"2010 has been a tremendous year for the company," said Dan Latendre, CEO, IGLOO Software. "Our recent success is testament to the dedication of our team and the rapid acceptance of enterprise social software and cloud computing in the corporate world. A new way of doing business is quickly emerging and IGLOO is right in the mix as a leader in the space."
About IGLOO Software
IGLOO is a social software company that builds online communities for business. Uniting content management and collaboration software, within one secure social networking platform, organizations use IGLOO's online communities to tear down the walls that prevent people from connecting, communicating and collaborating with each other. Whether the obstacles are organizational or geographic, a more open and connected business improves employee productivity (Workplace Communities) and helps to foster better relationships with customers, partners and suppliers (Marketplace Communities). IGLOO also offers the Social Media Playbook, a free online resource and step-by-step guide that teaches proven community building strategies.