August 20, 2010 – IGLOO Software, a leading provider of online community and social software solutions for business, today announced that its online community platform has been selected as a Trend-Setting Product by KMWorld, a leading information provider serving the content, document and knowledge management systems market.
Celebrates by Unveiling Latest Version of the Platform with Inline Editing, .ICS (iCalendar) Integration, Advanced Search Capabilities & Filtering, Content Following and Enhanced Peer-to-Peer Messaging
August 20, 2010 (Kitchener, ON) - - IGLOO Software (www.igloosoftware.com), a leading provider of online community and social software solutions for business, today announced that its online community platform has been selected as a Trend-Setting Product by KMWorld, a leading information provider serving the content, document and knowledge management systems market. The eighth annual list, compiled by KMWorld's team of editors, analysts, systems integrators, vendors, line-of-business managers and users, will be published in the September 2010 issue.
"When we started this process, more than 600 individual products were under consideration. What distinguished IGLOO was a clearly identifiable technology breakthrough in social and collaborative computing," said Hugh McKellar, editor-in-chief, KMWorld. "Work as we know it is changing and the IGLOO Software platform is a powerful tool for enabling this transition."
In conjunction with being named a Trend-Setting Product, IGLOO announced the next version of its enterprise social software platform. The new release is focused on enhancing the user experience by embracing the way today's knowledge workers want to interact and collaborate around content. That includes:
- Content Following: people and teams collaborating on important files can follow any document (or blog article, discussion thread, wiki page and event listing) in a community, receive updates on its progress via email and respond with comments and guidance in real-time
- Community Calendar Integration: members can synchronize community calendar events directly with their personal calendaring application on their desktop or mobile device using the .ics (iCalendar) standard
- Advanced Search Filtering: advanced filters allow members to target their search to a specific location and application in the community, and tag clouds help members quickly locate related content
- Broadcast: published content from any application in the community can now be broadcast to members and groups with one single click
- Commenting: comments can now be edited in a 7 minute window after posting to correct small typos and errors, while maintaining proper governance
- Peer-to-Peer Messaging: a message can be composed quickly from anywhere in the community using the user bar and auto-recognition of member addresses
The second half of the release, to occur later in September, will include:
- Inline Editing of Documents: members can securely edit documents inline and save new versions right from within the browser ─ no downloads required
- Enhanced Document Management: folders in a document repository will expand to allow all content to be viewed without leaving the page (view as a list, series of icons or even with file details similar to navigating your 'My Documents')
"Being named to KMWorld's list of Trend-Setting Products of 2010 is a significant achievement for our company," said Dan Latendre, CEO, IGLOO Software. "Our 100% cloud strategy has allowed the company to remain agile, innovative and responsive to changes in the market and to our customers' needs."
The complete 2010 list of Trend-Setting Products are featured in the September issue of KMWorld Magazine, which is available in print and online at www.kmworld.com.
KMWorld (www.kmworld.com) is the leading information provider serving the Knowledge Management systems market and covers the latest in Content, Document and Knowledge Management, informing more than 50,000 subscribers about the components and processes - and subsequent success stories - that together offer solutions for improving business performance. KMWorld is a publishing unit of Information Today, Inc. (www.infotoday.com)
About IGLOO Software
IGLOO is a social software company that builds online communities for business. Uniting content management, collaboration and knowledge sharing tools, within one secure social networking platform, organizations use IGLOO's online communities to tear down the walls that prevent people from connecting, communicating and collaborating with each other. Whether the obstacles are organizational or geographic, a more open and connected business improves employee productivity (Workplace Communities) and helps to foster better relationships with customers, partners and suppliers (Marketplace Communities). IGLOO also offers the Social Media Playbook, a free online resource and step-by-step guide that teaches proven community building strategies. For more information, visit www.igloosoftware.com or call 1-877-664-4566.
KMWorld Trend-Setting Products Article
Register for the Product Update Webinar on Wednesday August 25th