April 13, 2010 - IGLOO Software, a leading provider of social software solutions for business, today announced the launch of the industry’s first Social Media Playbook. This free resource is an invaluable tool for anyone implementing social software solutions - inside the organization, to improve employee productivity, or outside, to enhance stakeholder engagement.
April 13, 2010 (Kitchener, ON) - - IGLOO Software (www.igloosoftware.com), a leading provider of social software solutions for business, today announced the launch of the industry's first Social Media Playbook. This free resource is an invaluable tool for anyone implementing social software solutions - inside the organization, to improve employee productivity, or outside, to enhance stakeholder engagement. The Playbook offers four core community building resources:
- Step-by-Step Wiki Guide - browse, search and even contribute content to the over 150 pages of educational material, and learn how to best use proven community building methodologies.
- Resource Library - view and download resources such as white papers, videos, podcasts, presentations and workbooks to support an online community building project.
- Expert Bloggers - learn from industry experts as they blog on relevant business social media topics of the day.
- Best Practice Forums - participate in online discussions focused on specific issues, challenges, innovations or topics related to the community building process.
"Consumer social networks, like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, are reshaping our thinking around effective collaboration and knowledge sharing in business," said Dan Latendre, CEO of IGLOO Software. "But successful adoption of social technologies still requires a strategy and plan. The Playbook helps companies implement new and innovative ways to overcome the technical, operational and cultural barriers that will prevent stakeholder adoption."
IGLOO was established in 2004 as an online network to facilitate collaboration between researchers at the Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI). The initial methodology behind the Social Media Playbook was born from that experience and enhanced over the past four years with contributions from the IGLOO customer community. In its current form, the Playbook is comprised of five unique chapters:
- Plan. The planning phase outlines the building blocks for the conception and ideation of a successful online community implementation.
- Design. The design & build phase includes mapping information taxonomies, permissions, roles, security, as well as the interface design and branding.
- Launch. The launch phase outlines the marketing activities an organization can employ to attract, encourage, sign up and retain members.
- Manage. The manage phase involves the allocation and management of resources in order to execute against the community's goals and objectives.
- Grow. The growth phase focuses on monitoring, measuring and managing change as the community evolves.
"While the benefits of social technology can be significant, firms need to manage the challenges of driving adoption, realizing true business value and managing risk," according to the report, Best Practices For Introducing Social Technologies, published in March by Forrester Research, Inc.
The Social Media Playbook is open to share, copy, distribute and transmit under 'Creative Commons licensing (cc)' with attribution back to IGLOO Software. The launch of the Playbook will be marked by a live webinar held on Thursday, April 15 at 2pm ET.
About Social Media Playbook
The IGLOO Social Media Playbook, a guide to building a successful community, represents the social workplace in action. Shaped by such notable names as RBC Royal Bank, Motorola, Deloitte and the ATP World Tour, the Playbook is a best practice community built around the concept of co-creation. A free online resource with content contributions from our customers, including a step-by-step guide; tips and tricks; video resources; best practices; and strategies that document and teach proven community building methodologies. The IGLOO Social Media Playbook has five phases: Planning & Ideation, Design & Build, Launch & Rollout, Manage & Sustain and Growth.
About IGLOO Software
IGLOO (www.igloosoftware.com) is a social software company that builds online communities for businesses. Uniting content management, collaboration and knowledge sharing tools, within one secure social networking platform, IGLOO enables organizations to quickly and cost-effectively create online communities to leverage talent, knowledge and relationships across organizational and geographical boundaries. Organizations use IGLOO communities internally to improve employee productivity (Workplace Communities) or externally to foster relationships with customers, partners and suppliers (Marketplace Communities). IGLOO's Social Media Playbook is a free online resource that includes a step-by-step guide; tips and tricks; best practices; and strategies that teach proven community building methodologies.
For more information visit: www.igloosoftware.com or call 1-877-664-4566.