July 26, 2010 – IGLOO Software, a leading provider of online community and social software solutions for business, today announced another record quarter for both customer and revenue growth, with over 15 major customer acquisitions in the second quarter of 2010, including the Drug Information Association (DIA), Women’s Tennis Association (WTA), British Columbia Ministry of Environment, Origo and arcplan.
Strong Customer Adoption and Endorsements from Forrester Research, Martin Butler Research and Social Media Today Reinforce IGLOO's Rapid Ascent in the Social Software Marketplace
July 26, 2010 (Kitchener, ON) - - IGLOO Software (www.igloosoftware.com), a leading provider of online community and social software solutions for business, today announced another record quarter for both customer and revenue growth, with over 15 major customer acquisitions in the second quarter of 2010, including the Drug Information Association (DIA), Women's Tennis Association (WTA), British Columbia Ministry of Environment, Origo and arcplan.
Customer & Product News:
- IGLOO Software continued to see rapid adoption of its community platform with over 15 new customers, including two enterprise-wide deals, resulting in a 163% quarterly revenue increase year-over-year.
- Two major product releases were completed in the quarter, including the launch of Group Spaces. Group Spaces allow employees to instantly self-organize around specific projects, teams and even departments within their online business community.
- IGLOO is now supporting over 1,000 free online communities for organizations that wish to try the software before they buy as well as those seeking social technologies with limited budgets.
- In early August, IGLOO will release the next version of its award-winning community platform, featuring inline editing of documents, calendar integration via *.ics, advanced search, broadcasting on all channels, filtering and content following.
- Forrester Research Inc.'s Enterprise Social Networking 2010 Market Overview profiled IGLOO Software as a dominant player in the space.
- Martin Butler Research ranked the IGLOO community platform as "Exceptional" in their latest Enterprise Social Networking Business Technology Assessment to be published in August.
- An independent systems integration and technology consultant selected IGLOO after completing due diligence on over 100 social software vendors in the space, on behalf of their client.
- Social Media Today and IGLOO announced a content partnership to integrate the opinions and insights of their bloggers into the expert corner of IGLOO's Social Media Playbook.
"Q2 was the most successful quarter in our company's history - on all fronts," said Dan Latendre, CEO of IGLOO Software. "More and more, companies are turning to IGLOO Software for their online community and business social software needs. The reason is simple - value, agility and superior service. That is what's driving our growth in 2010."
About IGLOO Software
IGLOO is a social software company that builds online communities for business. Uniting content management, collaboration and knowledge sharing tools, within one secure social networking platform, organizations use IGLOO's online communities to tear down the walls that prevent people from connecting, communicating and collaborating with each other. Whether the obstacles are organizational or geographic, a more open and connected business improves employee productivity (Workplace Communities) and helps to foster better relationships with customers, partners and suppliers (Marketplace Communities). IGLOO also offers the Social Media Playbook, a free online resource and step-by-step guide that teaches proven community building strategies. For more information, visit www.igloosoftware.com or call 1-877-664-4566.